Reading Tutors (Ann Arbor)
Brain spring tutors
2100 S Main St b
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Brainspring Learning Centers (brainspring.com), the leaders in Multisensory Education, are looking for motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic people who are passionate about making a difference, to tutor students of all ages and abilities at our Ann Arbor Learning Center.
Started in 1991 as RLAC, Brainspring has built an enviable reputation for providing quality tutoring at nine centers located throughout Southeastern Michigan. Brainspring's tutoring services provide one-one instruction to those who either struggle with or seek enrichment in any academic subject. All of our programs are individualized to be age and skill appropriate so that each student achieves his maximum potential and becomes an independent learner.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor's degree required (Education related preferred)
• Available to tutor after school and/or on weekends
• Able to attend all 30 hours of professional development in Brainspring's nationally accredited reading curriculum, Phonics First®. Based on the Orton-Gillingham methodology, Phonics First® is an interactive, explicit, structured, sequential, cumulative approach to reading and spelling that produces results. There are 27 SCECHs and 2 Graduate Credits available for purchase at the conclusion of the course for those that are interested.
The free training ($825 value) will take place in Bloomfield Hills on the following dates (a travel stipend will be provided):
Saturday, Sept. 23 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 25 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 27 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 2 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 4 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 7 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 9 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 11 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
From there, Brainspring Tutors can complete the Phonics First® Specialist Certification practicum free of charge ($3,000 approx. value) while tutoring. Our Phonics First® programs are accredited through both the IDA (International Dyslexia Association) under their Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading and through IMSLEC (International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council) at their Teaching Level and Instructor of Teaching Level.
This is an independently contracted position, and all candidates are subject to a background check.
When replying to this posting, be sure to do the following if serious about being considered for the position:
1) In the subject line, type "Reading Tutor"
2) The body of your email should contain what would be your cover letter (do not attach a cover letter).
3) Attach only the resume you would like to be considered (if you have filled out an application from our website, you may also include that).
Thank you for your consideration.